There are numerous scholarships out there. Do some research and apply! There are many in your own local communities. Here are a few websites you can check out. Make sure to meet the deadlines.
- Beauty Schools Directory
- Beauty Changes Lives
- National Interstate Council of State Boards of Cosmetology (NIC)
- Professional Beauty Association
- The International Dermal Institute
- Rosy Rewards Scholarship Program – For information visit, http://www.rosysalonsoftware.com/ and the scholarship application form at http://www.rosysalonsoftware.com/rosy-scholarship-program/
- ACE Grant Program – For more information ace-grant.org
Altoona Beauty School offers the ACE GRANT to all cosmetology students. To receive this grant students are required to complete information prior to enrolling:
- Have a Salon or Spa to mentor the student while enrolled.
- Complete the ACE Grant application
- Obtain two professional references (not family member)
- Write a 500 word essay of your career goals, how you will achieve them, and why you are deserving of the ACE Grant.
Requirements while enrolled and before completing 900 hours to receive the funds.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress in attendance at all times.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress of GPA at all times.
- Student cannot have any violations resulting in probation or suspension
Please Note: The ACE Grant is awarded to students upon reaching 900 clock hours in the Cosmetology Program. All requirements must be met in order to be eligible for the scholarship.
- ABS Student Teacher Scholarship – $500.00 to any ABS graduate enrolling to further education in the student teacher program within six months of graduation.